We want to take the time to let all of our patients know that we have greatly missed them! Over the last few weeks, the United States has seen many areas greatly affected by this horrendous virus. Our most sincere sympathy goes out to those families that have lost loved ones and to those who have been hospitalized during this pandemic. We cannot thank the physicians, nurses, first responders, staff and all others on the front line that have put the well being of every Individual before themselves! Here at Franklin Street Dentistry we wanted to take a few minutes to let our patients, friends and family know that we are taking the COVID-19 very serious! On Monday, April 20th, Governor Holcomb announced that the dental community was an essential profession that would be allowed to start seeing patients again. This is to help dental patients be seen and prevent possible dental problems. We know that this creates many questions from our patients, but we are taking every step possible to protect every person. During the coming weeks many changes will be taking place in every state, which will create a new normal. At Franklin Street Dentistry you will see some changes as well. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer and we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We will also be closely following the suggested social distancing during all interactions. Even though a new normal is being created, we want you to know that every person is important to us! We will still strive for the best dental experience possible and if there is anything we can do to make the visits better do not hesitate to take the initiative to call us prior to your appointment. Yet again, we look forward to seeing all your smiling faces back at Franklin Street Dentistry!